Welcome to the Safeguarding section of Ranworth Square
Designated safeguarding lead (DSL) Mr S Strand
Deputy Designated safeguarding lead (DDSL) Mrs R Morris
Governor Safeguarding Lead Ms. A Mason
Attendance Safeguarding lead Mrs J Ellis
Other members of the safeguarding team:
Mr R Saunders, Mrs K Don, Mrs R Devveney
Our school is committed to safeguarding children and promoting children’s welfare and expects all staff, governors, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment and maintain a vigilant and safe environment.
Everyone has a responsibility to act without delay to protect children by reporting anything that might suggest a child is being abused or neglected. It is our willingness to work safely and challenge inappropriate behaviours that underpins this commitment. The school seeks to work in partnership with families and other agencies to improve the outcomes for children who are vulnerable or in need before the problem escalates.
Liverpool Schools Safeguarding Charter:
- Work in partnership with other agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children in keeping with the LSCB’s ‘Levels of Need Framework’ to secure improved outcomes for young people
- Ensure that safer recruitment practices and safeguarding policies and procedures set out a culture of vigilance and challenge
- Provide induction and regular training that enable all adults to recognise signs of abuse and neglect; act in the interests of the child and maintain an attitude ‘it could happen here’.
- Work collaboratively with other agencies to promote early help for young people and families before their needs escalate to a point where intervention would be needed via a statutory assessment.
- Challenge ourselves and others to ensure actions are completed in a timely way and press for reconsideration if the situation does not improve.
- Quality assure all safeguarding practices including maintaining support and oversight of the Designated Safeguarding Lead and Safeguarding Team, their actions and decisions and record keeping.
- Ensure all adults working with young people follow an agreed code of conduct that promotes safe working practices and makes responsibilities and expectations clear, including the understanding that anyone can make a referral.
- Complete any actions arising from the Local Authority’s 175 Safeguarding Audit in order to ensure policies and procedures follow LSCB, Local Authority and statutory guidance.
- Implement any learning arising from serious case reviews, for example the need to listen and respond to the views of children, especially when assessing their needs.
- Provide students with a curriculum which promotes their safeguarding and enables them to maintain healthy relationships.
Useful information/websites for Parents:
Operation Encompass - In conjunction with Merseyside Police, Ranworth Square is involved in an initiative called Operation Encompass. The purpose of Operation Encompass is to safeguard and support children and young people who have been involved in, heard or witnessed a domestic abuse incident. Following such an incident, children may arrive at school distressed, upset, worried and unprepared. Operation Encompass aims to ensure that appropriate school staff on the Safeguarding Team are made aware early enough to support children and young people in a way that means they feel safe and included.
This is a valuable initiative that means we can continue to support and help children and families within our school community when they need it the most.
You can find out more by visiting www.operationencompass.org.
Parentzone - is a leading provider of information, training and support designed to make the internet work for families, with special emphasis on involving parents and carers:
CEOP: 'Nude Selfies: What Parents and Carers Need to Know'. This is a series of four short
animated films for parents and carers offering advice on how to help keep their children safe
from the risks associated with sharing nude and nearly nude images.
Childnet - Information for keeping your child safe online
Free Online Parenting Guides - provided by Liverpool Council for those who reside in the Liverpool area.